Here is what I have found to be helpful...
- get a supportive group of friends, neighbors, or family
- Ignore what the "experts" say about not exposing your young child to TV-trust me it helps with your sanity if you let them watch TV every now and then
- Make sure you make time to be YOU...not mommy or anything else- just YOU.
- If it feels right to you and it works for you by all means do it-I can't tell you how many times this one came in handy when everyone was telling me that I was spoiling my baby because I held her too much...guess what- she is a very happy, independent, and confident 2 year old.
- Remember that everything (fussiness, tantrums, anxiety, a belligerent child) it all comes to an end at some point. The stages do not last forever.
- Take a time out if you need one-if that baby is crying and won't stop and you feel like you are about to scream at the top of your lungs and chunk him or her across the room lay him or her down and step out of the room, close the door, and relax for a minute or two. Removing yourself from the stressful situation will allow you to get yourself together and be more calming and nurturing for your child.
- Know that you aren't alone and just being there for your child and loving on them everyday is the most important thing for your child.